As the resident Disney fan of The Anxious Travelers, I\’d like to consider myself a bit of an expert. When it comes to the House of Mouse (especially the parks) I\’m your guy! Planning a trip to the most magical place on Earth? I\’ve put together a post to share how to pack for Disney World. Over the years, I’ve made about twenty trips to Walt Disney World (my heart is filled with pixie dust!). Now that we have kids, that experience has come in handy! Whether you’re planning a family vacation or a grown-up adventure, here\’s our ultimate Disney World packing list!
Heads up – This post contains affiliate links for your convenience, and we may earn a very small commission if you make a purchase through an affiliate link.
What To Wear on Your Disney World Vacation
You’ve been planning your trip to Disney theme parks for months. Now it’s time to take your Disney game to the next level! We absolutely love wearing matching shirts (we choose a different color for each trip!), Mickey ears, adorable Disney socks. Josh loves trading Disney pins, so he wears a Disney pin lanyard, and I\’m a big fan of fanny packs. They keep everything safe and accessible, even on some rides!
We pack for what we think we\’ll need since you never know what the weather will be like in Central Florida. Of course, it will also depend on the time of year (learn more about the best times to visit Walt Disney World). We pack a lot but keep things compact with good packing cubes. As a result, our stuff doesn\’t take up much space and we rarely travel with more than a carry-on!
Here\’s what we bring for each family member our Disney vacations:
- T-Shirts/Tank Tops: One per day, plus one
- Shorts: Two pair, plus one
- Underwear (adults): One per day, plus one pair
- Underwear (kids): Two for every day of travel
- Socks: One pair for every day
- Pants/Jeans: One long pair of pants
- Outerwear (summer months): One hoodie, sweater or light jacket
- Outerwear (winter months): Lightweight, but warm jacket. Preferably something with wind blocking.
- Hat: Sun blocking for summer, warm for winter
- Sunglasses: For the whole family. The sun glare is real in Florida, folks!
- Good Footwear: One pair of comfortable shoes, one pair of flip flops for the hotel or water park
- Comfortable travel clothes for the trip home
Disney Packing List With Small Kids
Let’s be honest with each other, taking your kids to Disney may be a dream come true, but it can also become a nightmare if you aren’t careful. Without the right supplies and gear, you can find yourself becoming frustrated while your kid melts down for any number of reasons. Here are some essential items you should be sure to add to your Disney packing list to help make your trip to Disney with small kids as easy as possible!
- Foldable Travel Stroller – This thing made a huge difference on our last trip. It was sturdy, but folds up small enough to throw into the overhead bin on the plane. No more stroller gate-check!
- Stroller Fan – It was very hot during Caleb\’s first visit to Disney World, and this really helped keep him cool.
- Pacifiers – Only two of our six kids used pacifiers, and they struggled to nap or fall asleep at night without one. It\’s a good idea to pack some spares in case yours gets lost. We learned the hard way!
- Reusable Water Bottles – This is an important thing for the whole family, but this good option is extra important with kids.
- Car Seat Backpack Bag – Keep your car seat protected from damage (and germs!) while traveling. It\’s easy to carry like a backpack!
What to Pack for an Entire Day at Disney World
Need some Disney packing tips for your day bag? Using a light, collapsible backpack (this one is our favorite!) is a great way to keep everything together. Don\’t be afraid to stroll down the aisles in your local dollar store for more inspiration for things to include in your park bag. You can find a lot of things on-site or in the gift shops, by why add the extra cost (those places are so pricy)?
- Park Tickets
- Magic Bands
- Wallet/Disney gift cards
- Cell phone (download the My Disney Experience app!)
- Disney autograph book in case you run into your favorite characters!
- Poncho (stay dry on rides like Kali River Rapids or Splash Mountain)
- Meclizine (be sure to read our tips for avoiding motion sickness on that roller coaster!)
- Glow Sticks (so much fun at night or for special events)
- Collapsible water bottle (bring your own water bottle and stay hydrated in those long lines!)
- Ziploc bags (keep your phone safe on water rides!)
- Hair ties (if you have long hair)
Dining at Disney
There are a lot of great options when it comes to dining at Disney. We really love the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival but if you\’re up for a short road trip, definitely check out the world\’s largest entertainment McDonalds. Also, definitely check out our
- Star Wars Suitcase – You’ll travel the galaxy in style with these American Tourister hardside suitcases.
- Star Wars Luggage Tag – This is the luggage you’re looking for!
- Galaxy’s Edge Cookbook – You’ll want to get a copy of this cookbook upon your return from Batuu. With so many things to eat and drink at Galaxy’s Edge, you probably won’t be able to try it all! Feed your cravings for a Ronto Wrap or Fuzzy Tauntaun once you get home!
- Star Wars Backpack – Look like a real member of the Rebellion with this stylish bag on your way to the Black Spire Outpost.
- Star Wars Shirt – Whether you’re Jedi or Sith, Empire or Rebellion, Resistance or First Order, it\’s easy to show your Star Wars allegiance!
Disney Water Park Necessities
One of the underrated entertainment options when visiting the Walt Disney World Resort is to visit one of their two waterparks. Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach feature some awesome water rides and are conveniently located within the resort, accessible by car or Disney transportation. Be sure to grab everything on our Disney packing list, though, because finding these items on-site can be a hassle, and gift shops are expensive!
- Bathing Suits
- Waterproof Phone Lanyard – Take pictures on the lazy river or water slide without ruining your phone!
- Goggles, Ear Plugs & Nose Plugs
- Flip Flops
- Disney Beach Towel – Avoid the towel rental fees at Disney water parks by bringing your own.
- Little Swimmers Swimming Diapers – Regular diapers won’t cut it at a waterpark.
Disney Travel Gear & Accessories
Now that we’ve talked about the health essentials, let’s bring on the fun stuff! When planning your Disney packing list, having the coolest Disney travel essentials and accessories adds to the excitement. Here are some adorable suggestions.
- Minnie Mouse Suitcase – This hardside American Tourister suitcase is so cute!
- Mickey Mouse Suitcase – This is perfect for little ones.
- Mickey Mouse Backpack – Easily carry your wallets, phones, earbuds, passports, and more during your time in the parks!
- Luggage Tags – These silicone tags feature adjustable straps and a flap on the back for personal information.
- Disney Travel Pillow – Get the rest on the plane or drive while you can; you’ll need it!
Ultimate Disney Vacation Packing List
Whether your traveling party is headed to the Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom, we want you to have a great time! Creating your own checklist is your best bet to ensuring you don\’t forget any important items. We hope this Disney packing list was the perfect way to get ready for your upcoming vacation. Forget the stress and get ready for fun!